2013 Digital Trends Report
This white paper discusses:
2013 plans for 700 top digital marketers
Making personalization valuable, not intrusive
Balancing inspired content with smart algorithms
Download now >
Pinterest: Top Tools Result(s): 1 - 5 of 5
Below are Pinterest's own tools, which you can use to start pinning right away, to publicize your pinboards on your website and to encourage site visitors to pin your items on
- The "Pin It" browser button: Use this official bookmarklet for the Firefox browser to pin your own website images or images from other sites onto your pinboards. (Unofficial Chrome version is here).
Once installed, click the "Pin It" button when you find an image you want to save on a pinboard. Clicking the button brings up a form showing all the pinnable images on the page.
Choose the image you want; write a few descriptive words; and hit the "Pin It" button in the form. Voila, you have just pinned your first pin!
- Pin It Button for Web Sites: Put this button on any page or next to any image you want to encourage your site visitors to pin on their own pinboards.
- "Follow Me on Pinterest" button: This button sends your site visitors to your Pinterest site and invites them to follow any or all of your boards.
On your own Pinterest Settings page, you'll find tools that broadcast your Pinterest pins automatically to your Facebook or Twitter brand pages. Flip the "Link to Twitter" and "Link
to Facebook" switches to the "On" position to activate these tools.
You can't tell it from the name, but this blog is written by Rick Kats, founder of the Pinerly analytics and pin-scheduling service. Although Pinerly is still in closed beta at
time of writing, this blog will give you handy tips and advice on effective pinning that you might not find on Pinterest's own blog.
In recent posts, Kats delved deep into the mechanics of effective pinning in several verticals, including travel and food. Especially useful are infographics showing how
well-written descriptions and text added to images extend your pins' reach throughout the Pinterest community.
PinReach is like Klout for Pinterest. It measures your influence in the Pinterest social network based on Pinterest's unique metrics, which include the following:
- Number of followers
- Number of pins
- Number of repins, "likes" and comments from your followers and the Pinterest community
PinReach also helps you track your score history and shows you which boards and pins are the most popular. Use this information to refine your pinning strategy and look for the
kinds of content that's most likely to engage your followers and attract new ones.
We prefer PinReach to other Pinterest influence/analytics measurement services because it provides a more complete picture of your activity. However, PinReach competitor Pinpuff can show you how your competitors are doing on Pinterest.
If you want to see what works on Pinterest for B2B and B2C brands, check out the following company boards, chosen because they have high numbers of followers and activity through
fresh content and commentary:
- General Electric makes a major corporation look human with lots of employee and partner photos
- Nordstrom blends straight promotional pins with photos of the in-store experience.
- Apartment Therapy has great do-it-yourself images of small-space decorating.
- Realtor.com's boards make house-hunting fun with collections of homes to salivate over.
- The U.S. Army gets Pinterest better than many B2C brands. Pins emphasize Army life, culture and families. See the Army Style & Fashion board.
- AMD pins feature things employees like (books, holidays, gaming, etc.) along with classic product shots.
- LaylaGrayce's "Pin It to Win It" board provides a template for a Pinterest-based contest.
Want more suggestions? The Social Fresh blog posted this list of 250+ brands on Pinterest as of February 2012. Check the
comments below the post for regular updates.
With this web application, you can add a few choice words to the images you pin on Pinterest, in addition to the description you type in below the image on your pinboard.
This app gives you another way to make your images stand out in your followers' photo streams. According to data from the Pinterest analytics provider Pinerly, adding copy to an
image can double or quadruple the traffic that image will generate.
Get Key Metrics to Increase Email Marketing ROI: Download Now
This guide helps you to:
Determine campaign effectiveness based on your goals
Uncover the 3 key factors that influence your metrics
Result(s) Page: 1
Download Larry Chase’s Social Media Marketing Guide
This free guide features 12 key tools and is your bonus when you subscribe free to Larry Chase’s Web Digest For Marketers.
Get It Now
Copyright Chase Online Marketing Strategies, Inc. 2013. All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated: Thursday, June 13, 2013
Go to Current Issue of Larry Chase's Web Digest For Marketers
About Larry Chase